NEWS FROM ESOP
COVID-19 RESPONSE: PROGRAM UPDATES
Current as of March 16, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
ESOP has received direction from our partners in the Cuyahoga EITC Coalition that the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is temporarily suspended, effective immediately, and will resume operations as soon as it is deemed safe and responsible.
Current as of March 15, 2020 at 8:00 PM
With the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) now established in Ohio, Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging and its subsidiaries, including ESOP, are intensifying our institutional response.
We need to make prudent choices to protect the health of our own community and the broader communities we belong to, while still providing essential services to our most vulnerable populations.
- Financial Counseling, Housing Counseling, LIFEPOP, Outreach and Benefits Assessments will be done with clients virtually by telephone and email.
- Homebuyers’ Education Classes: March classes are cancelled. We are working on ways to deliver these classes remotely in April.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: No additional appointments are being scheduled for VITA at this time.
- ESOP Realty: We are suspending realty showings and listings until further notice.
- Financial Education Workshops: We are cancelling financial education workshops at this time.
These guidelines represent our best judgment, at this moment, about practical steps we can all take to reduce risk for our older adults, our community and for each other.
For updates on the Benjamin Rose and ESOP response to COVID-19, visit www.benrose.org/COVID-19.